Do you like tracking your time? Chances are that you don’t—it’s a chore, necessary to keep tabs on projects and to get paid. That’s why you don’t want to spend extra time in your time tracking tool. Freckle tries to help minimize the amount of effort that you have to spend completing tasks—software should help you get stuff done, quickly.
Here’s 10 ways we help you get your time tracking done faster, so you can get back to tracking your time:
1. Enter “Fri” into the time field to log for last Friday. That’s just one of the many shortcuts to help you enter time quickly without having to use your mouse.
2. Create new projects instantly, without having to configure anything. Wouldn’t it be great if you didn’t have to pre-configure projects, tasks and tags? With Freckle you don’t have to—just type a new client or project name when you log time and we create the project for you.
3. Invite lots of people at once Just type email addresses or drag and drop them in from your mail client. One big flexible text field, no need to type in emails, names or other things separately. Saves time and nerves.
4. Auto-detect import formats We’ll look at the CSV file that you upload to import time for you, so you don’t have to select a format.
5. Auto-create and archive projects from your Basecamp account You already use Basecamp? No need to set up projects in Freckle—just click the “Connect to Basecamp…” button, allow Freckle to access your Basecamp in the next step and you’re done. It takes just two clicks!
6. Your weekly report right in your inbox We’re sending you a weekly report right into your inbox Monday morning—so you can catch up with any time that you might not have logged in the last week. We all sometimes forget to log time in the heat of a deadline—but Freckle will nudge you gently so you fill in the gaps and you and your team get paid for what you’re worth!
7. Log Time on any page in Freckle The blue “Log Time” tab is available everywhere, instantly. You don’t have to go to a special page just to log your time. The same is true for running reports!
8. Instant invoices There’s no need to configure anything to generate an invoice. Click the “new invoice” button from any group, project or report and we’ll generate a shiny invoice taking addresses, labels, currency and date formats from the previous invoice in that project.
9. Freckle gets your avatar and time zone automatically We don’t take your time away asking you to upload your photo—we take it from Gravatar. If you’re not on there, there’s also a super-easy way to fetch your Twitter picture. Plus, we figure out your time zone automatically, so even when you travel the meaning of “Today”, “Yesterday”, “Last Week” and so on is always correct. Bonus: you’ll always, reliably, get those automated reports Monday morning before you start to get to work.
10. The Freckle Mac App—track time from anywhere on your Mac! With a quick keyboard shortcut we’ll take you to the Freckle Menubar Timer. This works intelligently to open on the screen you’re on if you have multiple monitors, and pressing ESC to close the window will focus the app that was active when you opened the timer—we’ll drop you right back into what you were working on before! Another click saved.
And that’s just 10 of the little things Freckle does to give you back your most precious asset: your time!