- Your data is yours & you can change or delete it at any time.
- We never share any information about your projects, entries or customers, with anyone unless you explicitly allow us to.
- To provide better service, we share some statistical data and some personal information with third parties.
- We encrypt backups, don’t store credit card numbers on our servers and generally make sure your data is safe.
- When legally required, or when we suspect fraud, we may share data with law enforcement.
- We assure compliance within the US-EU and US-Swiss Safe Harbor Frameworks.
- If you have questions, write to [email protected].
We collect anonymous data from every visitor of the Website to monitor traffic and fix bugs. For example, we collect information like web requests, the data sent in response to such requests, the Internet Protocol address, the browser type, the browser language, and a timestamp for the request.
For the Service, we ask you to register an account, log in and provide certain information (such as names and email addresses of your team members, your company name and address and your credit card information) in order to be able to store your time tracking data and invoices, as well as periodically automatically bill you & charge your card (credit card numbers are never stored on Slash7 servers, but are securely transmitted and stored with our payment provider).
In order to take advantage of certain features of the Service, you may also choose to provide us with other personal information, such as your picture, but your decision to utilize these features and provide such data will always be voluntary.
Use of the Data
We only use your personal information to provide you with the Service to communicate with you about the Service or the Website.
With respect to any data you may choose to enter or upload to Freckle, we take the privacy and confidentiality of this data seriously. Your data (in the Service) is specifically not shared between accounts or with the public. We employ industry standard techniques to protect against unauthorized access of data that we store, including personal information. All off-site backups of your data are securely encrypted.
Please note that if you choose to share data (like sharing invoices with your clients), we are not responsible for any violation of privacy law you may be liable for.
We do not share personal information you have provided to us without your consent, unless:
- doing so is appropriate to carry out a user’s request;
- we believe it’s necessary in order to provide the highest quality of service;
- we believe it’s needed to enforce our Terms of Service, or that is legally required;
- we believe it’s needed to detect, prevent or address fraud, security or technical issues;
- otherwise protect our property, legal rights, or that of others.
Freckle is operated from the United States. If you are visiting the Website from outside the U.S., you agree to any processing of any personal information you provide us according to this policy.
Freckle may contact you by email. For example, Freckle may send you promotional emails relating to Freckle or communicate with you about your use of the Freckle Website and Service. If you do not want to receive email from Freckle, please opt out of receiving emails at the bottom of any Freckle email. Please note that for some emails (for example billing issues), there’s no option to opt-out.
Sharing of Data
We don’t share your personal information with third parties except as listed below. Only aggregated, statistical data is periodically transmitted to external services to help us improve the Freckle Website and Service.
We currently use Campaign Monitor (mailing list management), Customer.io (mailing lists), Google Analytics, Close.io (CRM) and Firehose Chat (support help chat). We listed below what data these third parties extract exactly. Feel free to check out their own Privacy Policies to find out more.
- Campaign Monitor: your email
- Customer.io: your name, email and aggregated account statistics
- Google Analytics: no personally identifiable data is shared
- Firehose Chat: your name, email and aggregated account statistics (only when you actively start a text chat with us)
- Close.io: your name, email and aggregated account statistics
Additionally, Slash7 uses third party vendors that provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage and other technology required to run the Website and the Service. While Slash7 owns the rights to the Freckle Website and Service, you retain all rights to the data you enter into Freckle.
In other to provide the Service, we also share data with services that help us track errors and bugs, keep backups of log files and identify performance issues.
We employ and contract with people and other entities that perform certain tasks on our behalf and who are under our control (our “Agents”). We may need to share personal information with our Agents in order to provide products or services to you. Unless we tell you differently, our Agents do not have any right to use Personal Information or other information we share with them beyond what is necessary to assist us. You hereby consent to our sharing of Personal Information with our Agents.
If Slash7 is acquired or merged with an other company, or Slash7 sells the Freckle Website and Service to an other company, or if Slash7 goes out of business or enters bankruptcy, user information may be transferred to a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of Slash7 or its assets may continue to use your personal information as set forth in this policy.
US-EU Safe Harbor and US-Swiss Safe Harbor
Slash7 uses annual self-assessments to assure compliance within the US-EU and US-Swiss Safe Harbor Frameworks as set forth by the US Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use and retention or personal data from the European Union and Switzerland. Slash7 has certified that it adheres to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement. To learn more about the Safe Harbor program, and to view Slash7’s certification, please visit http://www.export.gov/safeharbor/.
Privacy complains by European Union and Swiss citizens
Slash7 has further committed to refer unresolved privacy complaints under the US-EU and US-Swiss Safe Harbor Principles to an independent dispute resolution mechanism, the BBB EU SAFE HARBOR, operated by the Council of Better Business Bureaus. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint, or if your complaint is not satisfactorily addressed by Slash7, please visit the BBB EU SAFE HARBOR web site at http://www.bbb.org/us/safe-harbor-complaints for more information and to file a complaint.
Should you have any question or concern, please write to [email protected], or write to Slash7 LLC, 228 Park Ave S #14450, New York, NY 10003, USA.
- Version 1.4, January 6, 2015. Remove Mixpanel as we no longer use it.
- Version 1.3, September 16, 2014. Update to include Firehose Chat and Close.io.
- Version 1.2, April 29, 2014. Updated to include Google Analytics.
- Version 1.1, October 27, 2013. Updated section on data sharing as we’re now using Mixpanel.
- Version 1.0, January 23, 2013. Initial release.